Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Ditching the Mascara


I have a good relationship with my eyelashes. They are dark and reasonably long and curled, without being too sparse. The look a lot fuller, longer and sultrier with mascara on, but I'm still fine to embrace a lack of mascara on my lashes. And in the right circumstances, I like it. When the dreaded question 'if you were on a desert island and you could only take one beauty product what would it be?' comes up, my answer is never mascara. It's usually concealer or lipstick.

I love the effect a soft wash of brown or taupe has on the lid and underneath the eye. I find it can make a casual day look seem even sexier than if you have applied lashings of mascara and eyeliner. It's youthful and seems effortless.

I pair this look with a very light base, usually concealer and a touch of foundation if needed, then a swipe of blusher and a balm for the lips. Sometimes I jazz it up a bit with a red lipgloss or lip stain. It's a good way to wear a red lip during the day without seeming too overdone.

Whatever you're preferences or the state of your lashes, try it out. You might like it. Even if you hate it, at least you wont be worrying whether your mascara has flaked!

No comments:

Post a Comment