Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Drowners

I came across this band when they had just released their first EP early last year, and I got hooked through only listening to three of their songs. Ever since then I have been eagerly anticipating their debut album. They're a New York based band but there is definitely an element of Britishness to their music. Not to mention the lead singer is also a male model who also loves literature...always a bonus!

http://drownersdrownersdrowners.tumblr.com

Their album comes out next week, but I saw that BEAT Magazine have uploaded an album stream to listen. So it's a given that this has been playing almost non-stop in my house for the last few days!

http://www.thebeatjuice.com/listen/2014/01/20/4230/drowners-album-stream-exclusive/

It is definitely worth a listen if you're a fan of bands like The Vaccines, The Smiths, or even Arctic Monkeys. It's the type of album that makes me dream of living in New York hanging out with friends and drinking beers on rooftop balconies...if that's even possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment