Sunday, 26 January 2014

What to do on a rainy day


Yesterday was a miserable dreary day because it was raining. However for me this is my favourite sort of day, especially when it lands on a weekend. I am definitely a winter gal. I love walking in the rain, being rugged up by the fireplace, and everything else associated with rainy day activities. So here are some ideas for what to do on a rainy day, especially if you're the type of person that is usually sat inside longing for the sun to return.



1. Embrace the rain. Sometimes there is nothing more relaxing than going outside on a rainy day (preferably in warm and waterproof clothes). Go to a park with your other half. Chances are there will be nobody around, which I find to be a bit of a blessing, and is also a bonus if you have a dog.

2. Watch a movie. Blankets and hot cocoa are a must for this activity. Every winter I look forward to rainy weekends, especially thunderstorms. Lying on the couch, watching a movie and sipping on a large mug of hot cocoa is possibly my favourite type of day. Much preferred than hot sunny days lying on the beach (for some reason all I can ever think about is wrinkly skin and skin cancer). My brother makes the best hot cocoa. He uses cream, milk chocolate, cinnamon and sometimes a bit of chilli. He heats it all up on the stove and then gives it a quick whisk before pouring it into a cup to make it light and frothy. It doesn't just warm the stomach but the soul as well.

3. Bake a cake. The smell of a cake in the oven I find to be on the same level as hot cocoa when it comes to warming your soul. Paired with a hot cocoa, this is the ultimate rainy day snack. Now you just need to rent out your movie, find a big snuggly blanket and relax on the couch.

4. Have a sleep-in. The sound of rain pattering on the roof. Need I say more?



No comments:

Post a Comment