Thursday, 20 February 2014

Fashion Week Beauty

I always get excited for fashion week, because it means new inspiration for makeup. I'm constantly checking out the Vogue UK website and scrolling through all the beauty looks whenever it is that time of season. These are some of my favourites I have spotted so far. 


Rag & Bone. I love how the eyeliner has been lifted away from the lash line, creating a more modern and interesting approach to the classic kitten flick. I love a black eyeliner, but sometimes I find I can get in a bit of a makeup rut with how I wear my eye makeup. Hopefully this will become a way to jazz up my looks a bit more.

Rodarte. Bronzed, Romantic and sultry. I am a big fan of a wash of colour all over the lid, and Rodarte have taken theirs all the way into the brows, creating a haze of warm rusty tones. The lips add that extra bit of wow; the extra sultriness. It makes me think of the Romantic Period and Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov and other Romantic composers of that calibre.

Marc by Marc Jacobs. I love this eyeliner. I have loved the makeup they do for their fashion shows for a few seasons now, how there always seems to be an element of 60s style in there somewhere.

Marc Jacobs. The crease. What could be a harsh look, seems so pared back with the soft browns blended into a half moon in the crease and along the lash line. The rest of the face is kept very bare, however this look is not for the faint hearted, especially with the bleached eyebrows.

Burberry Prorsum. This is another brand whose runway beauty has had me lust after their collections for a while now. I absolutely loved last season's pink hues on the eyes, and to follow suit, this season the makeup is all very similar, except instead of pink, aubergine is the colour of choice. And I love it. Possibly my favourite look of fashion week.

No comments:

Post a Comment